As the AeroPress (or “big coffee syringe” as one of our customers calls it) is an exceptionally forgiving and consistent way of making great coffee and is particularly useful for travelling and/or workplace java breaks.
It is effectively a big BPA free plastic syringe with a filter at the end instead of a needle and it makes around 250ml (8oz) of coffee per serving. You can also make a stronger coffee solution and dilute if you so desire but, whichever way you choose, it takes less than a couple of minutes to make a delicious cup of coffee and is really easy to clean.
The AeroPress comes bundled with everything that you need (apart from the coffee and a grinder) to get started:
- 350 filters
- Filter holder
- Coffee funnel (We also use it as a stand)
- BPA Free, BPS Free, Phthalate Free
- Made from Polypropylene and medical grade thermoplastic elastomer (styrene-ethylene-butadiene-styrene)
- 1 year manufacturer warranty on material and workmanship defects
How to use it:
- Put your freshly ground and weighed out coffee into the inverted (with the filter end pointing upwards) AeroPress. As a guide, start with 15-16g for 250ml of water and adjust to taste.
- Put the filter into the filter holder and wash though with hot water to get rid of any nasty paper taste
- Pour just off the boil water over the coffee, filling the AeroPress nearly to the top
- Stir a prescribed amount of times (we use three) and top off with water
- Attach the filter holder and secure (before the end of the brew time)
- Leave to brew for your preferred brew strength (our preference is about a minute from when the water makes contact)
- Turn over onto the top of your favourite sturdy mug and push down the plunge until the AeroPress is empty, and you hear a slight hissing sound